July 9 – 22, 2017
This 2-week adventure is priced at just $1,999
The first of our two sessions will be held on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. Most of our time will be spent in Bambu on the Bribri Indigenous Reservation.
We’ll be staying at the local cultural center, “Ditsöwöú.” This word in the Bribri language means “Meeting of Cultures.” Ditsöwöú’s architecture is faithful to Bribri traditions; it is a communal lodge constructed by using purely indigenous methods and local trees and palms.
We have hosted many workshops, courses and groups here in Bambu. The weather, natural beauty, generosity of our hosts, jungle sounds and overall good vibes combine to promote unforgettable, eye-opening experiences.
- 14 days / 13 nights
- One night in San Jose
- One night in Puerto Viejo
- Nine nights in Bambu on the Bribri Indigenous Reservation
- Two nights in Alto Katsi, an indigenous community in the Talamanca Mountains
- All meals
- Interactive cultural activities
- Welcome talk with indigenous leader
- Dancing lessons
- Community dance
- Cooking lessons
- Traditional indigenous community event in “casa conica”
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- 10 hours of volunteering
- elementary school
- retirement home
- indigenous community
- Dugout canoe trip to Panama Waterfall
- Organic Indigenous Chocolate Tour
- Alto Katsi Swimming Hole
- Trips to 2 different Caribbean Beaches
- Playa Negra – All afternoon Beach Party!
- Playa Cocles
- Fishing the Sixaola River – indigenous style!
- Canopy / Zip-Line Tour
- Souvenir Shopping Trip
- Approximately 36 hours of group, peer-to-peer work and one-on-one sessions