July 23 – August 5, 2017
This 2-week adventure is priced at just $2,299!
The second of our two sessions will be held in the northwestern Province of Guanacaste in Hojancha, and in the town of La Fortuna near the Arenal Volcano.
The first half of our trip we’ll be staying with amazing host families, and when we’re in La Fortuna, we’ll stay at a great hotel with air conditioning a pool.
We have hosted many workshops, courses and groups in these areas. It’s always a big hit. Especially the host families! Deep bonds are formed, and many times students come back to visit their “new families.” The wholesome and welcoming people of Guanacaste, the remarkable Arenal volcano, and the beautiful Pacific beaches all contribute to eye-opening learning and growth experiences.
- 14 days / 13 nights
- One night in San Jose
- Seven nights with host families in Hojancha
- Five nights in a hotel in La Fortuna near the Arenal Volcano
- All meals
- Interactive cultural activities
- Dancing lessons
- Making art and jewelry with fallen seeds
- Monte Alto National Reserve trip
- Interactive discussion with local leaders
- Activities with other local youth
- Playing soccer with locals
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- 12 hours of volunteering
- Botanical Garden
- Retirement home
- Elementary school
- Ecological Reserve
- Baldi – largest hot springs in the world
- Canyoneering and Rappelling Tour
- Hiking in Monte Alto Reserve
- Trips to 2 different Pacific Beaches
- Playa Tamarindo
- Playa Samara
- Canopy / Zip-Line Tour or Surf Lessons
- Souvenir Shopping
- About 33 hours of group, peer-to-peer work and one-on-one sessions