Starting at just $749 for a complete, one-week itinerary!
If your goal is to learn or improve your Spanish – and if enjoying the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica sounds appealing – this program is for you! We offer you the chance to study in a quiet and tropical classroom, surrounded by beautiful gardens, where you can learn and practice your Spanish. Our courses are customized according to your needs. For this reason, you’ll take a short examination to help us know what level you need to start with. To give you very personal attention. our classes are either individual or in small groups.
All the teachers are professionals with many years of experience in education. We use appropriate and entertaining teaching methods, so you get the most out of the lessons and improve your language skills significantly, even in a short period of time! Our classes are conversational, interactive and a lot of fun!
We offer different courses with varying levels of intensity, according to your preference: intensive, regular and special.
- 4 hours a day
- We give you activities to practice and use what you are learning.
- 2 hours a day
- Focus on a specific abilities: reading, writing, conversation, listening or pronunciation.
- 2 – 3 hours a day
- In this course, you are using a text book and you go through all the subjects depending on your level.
- Caminos 1 – 2 by Klett
- Perspectivas 1 by Cornelsen
- Gente 2 – 3 by Klett-Difusion
- Nuevo Ven 1 – 3 by Edelsa
- Prisma Comienza 1 by Edi-Numen
- El Nuevo Curso 1 – 2 by Langenscheidt
- Mirada 1 by Hueber
- Dicho y Hecho by John Wiley & Son
- Visto Bueno 2 by Hueber
- Colegas 1 (Business Spanish) by Klett
- El Ventilador by Difusion
- Pasaporte A1 by Edelsa
- Dominio, Curso de perfeccionamiento by Edelsa
- Aula Internacional (A) 1 – 2, (B) 3 – 4 by Difusion
- Colección Paso a Paso, El Subjuntivo 1 by Edinumen
- B inicial Dele, Preparación para el Diploma de Español, nivel inicial B1 by Edelsa
- Juegos Comunicativos, Español Lengua Extranjera by Ediciones SM
- Tácticas de Conversación, Español Lengua Extranjera by Ediciones SM
- Repase y Escriba, Curso Avanzado de Gramática y Conversación by Wiley
- Rápido, Curso Intensivo de Español by Difusión
There is a fully furnished house right on the school property available for you. There are 2 bedrooms in the house, each with 2 beds, for a total of 4 beds.
Each bedroom costs $125 USD per week.
Find our packing list here.
This Spanish Language Program in Costa Rica is located in Hone Creek, which is right next door to the popular beach destination of Puerto Viejo. This gives you the opportunity to take advantage of our many tours. The program is also close to the Panamanian border. It is only a couple hours to incredible destinations, such as Bocas del Toro.
- Age: There is no age minimum or maximum to participate. However, we request that minors be accompanied by adults.
- Participants: Individuals, groups and families are welcome. There is no minimum or maximum number of participants. Note that this is a particularly great project for families with young children.
- Length: Minimum – 7 days; Maximum – unlimited.
No trip is complete without experiencing the local surroundings. Available excursions for this program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Puerto Viejo
- Panama Waterfall
- Bocas del Toro
- Frog and butterfly tour
- Surf lessons
- Puerto Limon
- Jaguar rescue center
- Sea kayaking
- Cahuita National Park
- River rafting
- Canopy / zip-line
- Gandoca / Manzanillo National Park
- Indigenous tours
Contact us for more details.
$749 USD / one week
$1165 USD / two weeks
The prices above for 1 and 2 weeks are for private classes. For the prices of group classes, please contact us.
- Airport pick-up by Tropical Adventures driver / guide
- One-night stay in a San Jose area hostel (free breakfast and WiFi included)
- Transportation to bus station
- Public bus to Puerto Viejo (our driver will help you get on the correct bus and a staff member will be waiting for you as you get off the bus in Puerto Viejo)
- Six nights lodging in our on-site cabina
- 6 days of Spanish lessons, 3 hours per day
- Bus back to San Jose
- Last night stay in a San Jose area hostel (free breakfast and WiFi included)
- Transportation to the airport for your flight
- Country information and orientation
- Project training and in-country support
- Assistance with planning excursions and activities
- 24 hour in-country emergency service
- Upgrade to shared ride shuttle (round-trip) instead of the public bus = add $60
- Upgrade to Private, English-speaking driver (round-trip) in air conditioned vehicle instead of public bus = add $285
- Upgrade to a very comfortable 3-½ – star hotel with WiFi, pool, restaurant, bar, tropical breakfast for the 2 nights in San Jose = add $279
- Upgrade to a really nice 4- star hotel with WiFi, pool, award-winning restaurant, bar for the 2 nights in San Jose = add $449
- Individuals, families and groups add on tours and extra days for travel to either one of our beautiful beaches, a volcano area or cloud forest. Our experienced travel coordinators will be glad to help customize the perfect itinerary for you.
- Please be aware we can combine projects, as well as create specialized itineraries that include less than one week of volunteering – in addition to tours and adventure!
Please Contact Us for more information and for your personalized quote!
Compare costs with other projects here.